Sunday 17 February 2013

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation

Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation is a product that's mega hyped in the Blogisphere and as such, I've had my beady eye on it for a while!  A trip into Brum yesterday led to an accidental Harvey Nics jaunt and an even more accidental make up purchase.  What can I say, the Space NK sales girl was just too darn lovely and convincing.....




I went for the Cream Ivory shade although admittedly I wasn't shade matched.  However when I got the product home and away from the fluoro shop lights, I'm pretty chuffed with my selection.
 
I applied the product for the first time today and used my trust Real Techniques stippling brush to provide an even inital application.  I then used my new Real Techniques expert face brush to even out those tricky spots around nose and eyes.  I found the product didn't lie - it applied like a silky creme dream!!  The coverage is medium to full (as a  ELDW lover I can safely say the coverage is no where as full as this). and glides on without going cakey.  A dab of concealer and some powder to set and.....VOILA!!!


(Excuse the shameless selfie.  Bad light + crap camera = rubbeesh photo!)
 
Have you used this product, what do you think?  Can I really be converted from an Estee Lauder girl?! I'd love to hear your thoughts!
 
UPDATE: Okay, so after first application I've found it lacks a bit of lasting power. However this could be a clash with my Clarins Primer so will have a play with the base and see how we go.  Any recommendations?!

No comments:

Post a Comment