Tuesday 19 February 2013

Backcomb in a bottle?! Too good to be true?!


On a trip to the hairdresser for a fringe chop, I stumbled across what I believed could be my dream product.... Umberto Giannini (is it just me or is that super hard to spell?!) Backcomb in a Bottle.  WOWSERS!!!  Could this product really boost my thin hair to a beautiful mass of thick locks without the need to backcomb the beejeesus out of my roots?!  Like the marketers dream that I am, I of course snapped up a bottle and scurried home to try.

And what did I find you ask?  Well, this product is basically a 'thick' hairspray that you direct at the roots and then 'jooje' the hair into place.  Sounds great in theory and while it's not a total fail, it's not so great in practice.  The hold of this shizzle is fab but to maintain any volume I still had to backcomb.  Okay, maybe it's just me being frugle and refusing to use the whole can in one go but I certainly didn't find it had a super hold.  I would classify this product as more of a texturising spray, and a good one at that.  Or a really good hairspray.  For me, it wasn't back comb in a bottle.  I find my trusty Osis dust it has a more effective hold but thankfully this Umberto spray is a LOT nicer to your hair, washes out well and doesn't feel like glue.

So overall, if you're after a good texturising spray or a strong hairspray then give this product a whirl.  But don't throw out the backcomb brush just yet!

Can you guys recommend any good backcomb products?  I'd love to read your comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment